This website has lots of great educational courses for every area of your adoption journey!
This site has links to lots of Christian adoption blogs—lots of raw, real stories, and helpful advice.
A family passionate about adoption, especially special needs. This blog helps many raise funds to adopt and shares stories of lots of waiting children.
Established in 2003 as Shaohannah’s Hope, Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife, Mary Beth initially founded Show Hope out of their desire to see more children find their way into forever families. Though many families they talked to were willing to adopt, the financial costs to adoption were simply too high.
Get help to mobilize your local church on behalf of orphans. Explore the eight steps to launching an orphan ministry in your church and find out about other ways Hope for Orphans can serve you and your church.
Akron Children’s Oak Adoptive Health Center
Prepares and educates parents and families involved in domestic, international, and special-needs adoptions. We also provide medical history evaluation, and psychological and developmental evaluation and support to encourage the healthy growth of the adoptive family. IRS.gov Tax benefits for adoption information.
Download and print this resource.
Recommended Books and Podcasts
- The Connected Child by Karyn B. Purvis, Ph.D., David R. Cross, Ph.D., and Wendy Lyons Sunshine
- The Connected Parent by Karyn Purvis, Ph.D. and Lisa Qualls with Emmelie Pickett
- The Whole Brained Child by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D., and Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D.
- The Archibald Project
- Empowered to Connect Podcast
- The TBRI Podcast
- Twisted Sisterhood Podcast- birthmothers perspective